Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Stomach Flu - New Year's Eve at Home


Happy New Year!

I wish you all the best, I wish you all the best, most of all I wish you a good health.


Stomach Flu - New Year's Eve at Home
The New Year's Eve is behind us, more or less we all were party, and I hope you had a great time with your friends. I was on salsa party, and it was great. But this is not a topic of my blog, and I don't want to go of topic.

I know there were a lot of people with stomach flu, who spent their Eve in a toilet, experiencing symptoms, I hope you'll get better soon.

Also I know there were a lot of people who were experiencing mild stomach flu symptoms, or not fully healed, who went party.

This is the reason of writing this post. This people probably were on a significant percent of parties all around the globe. If you came back from party with symptoms, it doesn't have to mean that you took to much buzz, it can be because of someone spread a virus on you. If so, you have entered in 2013th with great job.

Since kissing is just a regular thing in the New Year's Eve, you may get it that way, or maybe you could get it from food, or buzz itself. However, this is not the moment to speak about how you got it, I should write a post about this on 31. December, and not today. But for all those who entered in a new year with stomach flu, here is an recommendation on how to deal with it.


Things you should avoid while you experience symptoms are:

  • Alcohol
  • Aspirin
  • Caffeine
  • Citrus products
  • Dairy products
  • Ibuprofen
  • Fatty, greasy and/or fried foods
  • Raw fruits and vegetables


Here is a recommendation based on clear liquid diet:

  • Apple or cranberry juice
  • Clear bouillon
  • Decaf tea
  • Fruit ice
  • Fruit punch
  • Gatorade
  • Ginger
  • Jello
  • Popsicles
  • Salt


The following is the full liquid diet:

  • Bland soups
  • Broth
  • Cocoa
  • Cinnamon
  • Cream of wheat or rice cereals
  • Farina
  • Honey
  • Nutmeg
  • Sherbets
  • Strained fruit nectar
  • Vanilla or other extracts
  • Vegetable juices


Try to stick to this recommendation and you should get better very soon.
Also you can read my previous articles "Stomach Flu - What to Eat!?" and "Stomach Flu - Treatment With Ginger" where you can find more valuable information regarding the nutrition during this illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all comments! If you are of topic, your comment will not be published. If your comment is something like "great article" or "you have talent to write", thank you, but I don't publish it!